Hey it's Savannah. I would first like to say there are a few things I enjoyed in English class this year. Some of those things are working with other people, also having time in class to just write our thoughts. Next we have is Henrik Ibsen a famous playwriter, born March 20,1828, and passed away May 23,1906 born in Skien, Norway. As a young child people saw theatrical genius in him since his mother was into arts. She played piano, painted, and loved going to the theater. I'm guessing it passed on to him knowing how good of a playwright he was.
One year Ibsen had an encounter with a violinist and theater manager and got offered a job, with that came his fame. His plays launched his career greatly and he then came out with his most famous playwright "A Dolls House". In 1891 Ibsen returned home as a literary hero. Ibsens later works seem to name more self- reflective quality which gives the play even more meaning.
http://www.biography.com/people/henrik-ibsen-37014#back-to-norway
No comments:
Post a Comment